Supported Media Formats
This page describes the media formats supported by various Haven OnDemand APIs.
The following standard image formats are supposed by the Image Analysis APIs, including Barcode Recognition, Face Detection, Image Recognition, and OCR Document.
- BMP and ICO
- PBM, PGM, and PPM
OCR with Document Formats
The OCR Document API will also accept certain document formats.
In this case, the OCR Document API uses HPE KeyView to extract the text from documents (Text Extraction API), and also extracts text from any embedded images. The API automatically merges the text obtained from text extraction and OCR to produce a combined output. The following document formats are supported in this way:
- Adobe PDF (PDF)
- Microsoft Word Documnent (DOC and DOCX)
- Microsoft Excel Sheet (XLS and XLSX)
- Microsoft Powerpoint Presentation (PPT and PPTX)
- OpenDocument Text (ODT)
- Rich Text (RTF)
Video and Audio Formats
The following section describes the Video and Audio formats that are supported by the Audio-Video Analytics APIs.
- mpeg4 part 2
- mpeg4 part 10 (Advanced Video Coding) (h264)
- windows media 7
- windows media 8
- MPEG audio layer 1
- MPEG audio layer 2
- MPEG audio layer 3
- MPEG 4 audio (Advanced Audio Coding) (AAC)
- PCM (wav)
- Windows media audio 1
- Windows media audio 2
- AC3 (ATSC A/52)
- Mpeg packet stream (eg .mpg)
- mpeg2 transport stream (eg. ts)
- mpeg 4 (eg. .mp4)
- WAVE (Waveform Audio) (wav)
- asf (windows media)(.asf, .wmv)
- raw aac (.aac)
- raw ac3 (.ac3)
Supported Scene Change Output Formats
The following section describes the output formats supported by the Detect Scene Changes API.
|Portable Network Graphics